The History of 54 Queens Gate
Located in the heart of the Royal London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Queen’s Gate was built on land purchased by the Royal Commissioners for The Great Exhibition of 1851, under an agreement dated August 1855 with Henry Browne Alexander, whose family owned the land through which the road was to pass, and William Jackson, a building speculator. The road was originally known as Albert's Road but was officially changed to Queen's Gate in 1859.
At the northern end of the road, near the gate to Kensington Gardens itself, is an equestrian statue of Lord Napier. The road is a boulevard in style and stretches to approximately 1 km in length, with the architectural designs varying along its length. The northern stretch features grand terraced homes on the west side and independently designed attached buildings on the east side.